Watch videos or listen to music with friends in Sandbox—based on the Cinema gamemode
- Synchronized media playback
- Supported services: YouTube, Twitch, SoundCloud, SHOUTcast
- Supported files: mp3, wav, ogg, jpg, png, webm
- Intuitive queue and request interface
- Multiple active media players
- Dupe and save support; see playlists
- Queue repeat and shuffle modes
The NPAPI version of Adobe Flash Player
is required for Twitch playback. Mac OS X is not supported by the Media Player addon due to technical limitations
1. Spawn the Big Screen TV from the spawn menu ('Entities' tab > 'Media Player' category).
2. Press use (E) on the TV to turn it on.
3. Hold C while looking at the TV to reveal the media queue.
4. Press the 'Add Media' button.
5. Navigate to a supported media page and press the 'Request URL' button.
Can the ads be closed on YouTube?
Yes. While in Sandbox, hold C to reveal the mouse cursor. Then simply click the 'x' on the ad that appears on the media player screen.
How do I adjust the screen brightness?
If the screen is too bright, it's likely caused by either bloom or HDR. Try disabling Bloom in the video options menu.
Can I play local files from my hard drive?
Audio files are supported, but other players won't be able to hear them. You can request the full file path using the "Request a supported URL" text box (e.g. C:/Music/filename.mp3). Files with unicode characters are not supported due to a GMod bug.
How do I request a website to be shown on the media player?
Enter the following command into the console (must be the server host) to allow any URL to be requested: mediaplayer_allow_webpages 1
Why doesn't this work for Mac OS X?
The Garry's Mod developers need to fix issues with the in-game browser on Mac OS X. Follow progress on GitHub.
Brief Developer Getting Started Guide
[url=http://www.gametracker.com/search/garrysmod/?search_by=server_variable&search_by2=mediaplayer_allow_webpages&query=&loc=_all&sort=0&order=ASC&searchipp=50]Servers using the Media Player addon[/url]
Another p cool media player addon
Sick rollercoaster addon
for design of the playback menu.
for the Big Screen TV model.
Having an issue with this addon? Please post steps to reproduce in the bug report discussion, including any media links that you may have used. Issues relating to Mac OS X can't be fixed as it's something Garry's Mod developers need to address.