NO GAME REQUIRED!
Everything's packed in!
If you experience visual glitches the first time, try restarting the game!
INTERNAL NAME: GM_L4D_ROE
This is a port of the L4D survival map called Running on Empty. The map was made by Dreyzie
for the Left 4 Dead 2 workshop
, and I thank him for allowing me to port his work to Garry's Mod. Why don't you check out his Workshop
and leave a like if you enjoy this port?
Running on Empty is a relatively small (yet quite dense) survival map centered around a roadside gas station in a forest in Pennsylvania, in the Left 4 Dead (1) style. The gas station, which contains the store and a garage, is accessible, and so is the roof where the survivors have prepared to camp. Across the road, a patch of forest can be walked in until you get to the shore, a large (and deadly) river on which you can see a large bridge in the distance. Around the gas station is a small industrial complex with an explorable warehouse and some storage rooms. You can also see some suburban houses in the distance.
I've adapted the map to GMod, which means the following:
- Fixed and added physical props all over the map
- Fixed most particles
- Fine-tuned lighting for greater visuals
- HDR and LDR compatible
- Working soundscapes for a great sound atmosphere, identical to L4D, all sounds included
- Physical props all over the map
- Navigation mesh included
- Fully AI noded
- Color correction included (use mat_colorcorrection 0 in console to turn off)
- Working cubemaps
- Improved shadows
- Most particle effects working
- Fully optimized
Report any bugs you find!